Thursday, June 6, 2013

The big three zero.

I'm 30 tomorrow.
I've cried twice today.

Believe it or not the aforementioned are not related.

I'm a birthday person. I LOVE my birthday and I love other people's birthdays. I love being made a fuss of and I like to do special things for my lovelies on their birthdays.

BUT this year it's different. I haven't counted the days till my birthday. I didn't get (too) upset when I found out my present had been delivered while I was out, so won't be graced with it's beauty until Tuesday. And quite frankly the big three zero is really not igniting excitement or fear.

Maybe it's because it has snuck up on me. Maybe i'm hiding my anxiousness about turning 30 deep down inside..... or maybe I've finally matured (yeah right).

I think the real reason is because since birthing my adorable little Juno my perspective on life has changed. I didn't believe them when they told me motherhood was a selfless job, but now i'm starting to see it.

I cried this morning as I rocked my sick baby to sleep in the rocking chair.
I cried again just now as I watched her sleeping in her cot.

She is the most amazing, breath taking thing that has ever happened to us and we are thankful everyday.





1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful Rach. Happy 30th birthday! I never realised you were old for our year! I am not 30 til Feb next year!! xx

    ReplyDelete