Saturday, February 2, 2013

Being a mum.

While browsing through blog world today and viewing Project 52 I could see a lot of comments about how quickly this year had taken off. I completely agree. Our Juno is already 5 weeks old.
It occurred to me that I have been a mum for 5 whole weeks. It scared me to think that this is how quick our baby girl will grow.
I begin to panic... If we blink what will we miss? What should I be cherishing? Have I taken enough photos? (Yes... we have hundreds!!) Is there something I should be writing down? Have we given her enough cuddles? Does she cry too much?
I am loving every moment but it is going too quick and I wish someone would write me a checklist.
I want to capture every day of our little girl's life and put it on file so if ever I think I missed something I can go back and find it....
Or maybe this is how it is meant to be. You only remember those powerful moments. The moments that stop you and make you think... this is our baby.. we made her.. we taught her.. we love her.


2 comments:

  1. Only thing I can say is, I know for me, getting caught up in documenting things actually makes me miss some thing! Live in the moment: BE in the moment and absorb it all up and that way you can have no regrets. Your words are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Sometimes I try to capture what she is doing but I end up giving up because watching her is much more fun. I can't believe how fast they grow!!

      Delete